As dry as dust, but nevertheless important: the general terms and conditions! Entirely not on-trend, we present our small print in a font that is actually legible.
Terms and conditions for participation
To make sure you can snap up those €3000, we have summed up all the conditions for participation:
- You are a registered university student in a master’s degree program (any master’s degree course is permissible)
- You have not yet submitted your thesis
- You are a Dutch or international student registered at a Dutch university
- The topic of your research is your own idea
- You hand in your Master’s thesis before July 2018
- You are available during the semi final (February 9th) and final (March 22nd)
- You can also participate in case an embargo is placed on your research findings. Read the article about embargo here
- You have submitted your research topic online by January 15th, 2017
Criteria for assessment
The research topic you submit during the registration period will be judged on the following criteria:
- Topic / idea: does your research concern drinking water, clean oceans and / or plastic waste?
- Is it potentially pioneering, breaking new ground?
- What will you be spending the research money on?
During the semi-final, the judges will focus on:
- Financial accountability
The ultimate Changemakers will win the final because:
- They are enthusiastic and have convinced us about their passion;
- Their research will have the greatest impact;
- They need the research money more urgently than others;
- Their topic is the most well-developed.
In order to make pioneering and / or additional research possible, we are awarding a € 3000,- to potential world-changers. Why? Because the Dopper Foundation feels it’s important to gather as much knowledge as possible about the problems and solutions with regard to clean drinking water, oceans, and plastic waste. We understand that we’re light years beyond the time when research papers were clumsily botched together, meaning that we have to invest greatly if we want to get great results.
- € 500 for the 10 finalists. This money is used to prep your idea for the final, for example by building a first prototype, or by making a visual representation of the problem you wish to research.
- € 3,000 for the 3 ultimate Changemakers; the money will be transferred within 30 days so that you can start researching the impossible.